Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Smooch Spritz

I was cleaning up my scrapping space over the weekend and came across a birthday gift I forgot to give - sorry Darla! Better late than never, right? Here is the card I made:
The stamp set was from Sale-a-Bration in the Happy Memories stamp set. I love this set. Bummer story... my kitty hopped up on my crafting table one night and scattered some things. This case popped open and all the stamps fell out. One of the stamps, the cute little bird in the cage, is still nowhere to be found. I'm thinking it either fell in the trash, or it became a kitty toy and is now hidden very well! That silly Leo! Well, maybe someday it will show up again.

I colored the image with blender pens and ink pads. I matted the image on Melon Mambo cardstock and tied Melon Mambo polka-dot ribbon around it. I think the background turned out really cool! First, I ran the Whisper White textured cardstock base through the Big Shot using the new Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The card still seemed too bare, so I inked up the impression with Versamark ink and used a sponge dauber to apply Pretty in Pink Stampin' Pastel over the card. I could have stopped there, because it looked alright. However, I remembered I haven't used my Smooch Spritz yet! I couldn't resist the opportunity. I shook it up really well, placed the card inside a box (I'd read from others it is messy) and I started to spray. I think I spritzed 4 times... maybe 5. I love this stuff! I'm definitely going to order it in the other colors! So... what do you think of my smooch?

Supplies:
Stamp: Happy Memories (SAB 2010)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo #115320, Whisper White #100730, Whisper White Textured #108693
Ink: Melon Mambo Classic Ink #115656, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink #100908, Versamark #102283
Accessories: Square Lattice Impressions Folder #119976, Smooch Spritz Gold Glow #118770, Melon Mambo 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon #115611

If you are looking for a Stampin' UP! demonstrator in Salt Lake City, Utah or the surrounding area, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails