Monday, April 6, 2009

A Few More Cards...

I am in heaven!!!

I recently discovered that the Stampin' UP! colors are almost identical to some of American Crafts colors! Being that both companies are located in Utah, it is more than possible they use the same company for printing. In December (before I became a SU! demo and fell in love with their paper sets) I went to an American Crafts warehouse sale and went overboard on the great deals they had on card stock and patterned papers. Some of the paper I bought in packs... now when am I ever going to use 50 pieces of the same paper? To make cards of course!

Here are a few cards I've made using a combo of Stampin' UP! and American Crafts supplies:
This first card uses American Crafts paper for the base and the purple layer (this is actually the backside of the striped paper). I used Whisper White CS for the stamped image base, because NOTHING works as well for stamping as Whisper White card stock! I inked the edges with Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip inks. I stamped the image from Botanical Blooms (one of the Sale-a-Bration) sets in Chocolate Chip, the petals are Cameo Coral, and the leaves are Kiwi Kiss. I tied Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon around the stamped image. The saying is from the "Heard from the Heart" stamp set. I love the font on this stamp set! I made a pack of these cards, put them in a cello bag with envelopes, and gave them to a friend who had us over for dinner this week.
**
I used the same paper from American Crafts on the next three cards and combined it with Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze card stock from Stampin' UP! I am ecstatic at how well they match!!
Seriously!! Can you believe how well the colors line up?? I used the "Fifth Avenue Florals" stamp set and used the masking technique to give the look of overlapping flowers. I used Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze stamps for the flowers. I wrapped a black, velvet ribbon from my stash around the image. The saying didn't show up well in the photos (I tried several) but it looks great in real life! I used the "Congrats" set from Sale-a-Bration for the word "Congratulations" and stamped it in the Essential Glue Pad before covering it in Black Fine Galaxy Stampin' Glitter.
I wanted to try making some basic cards with a more masculine look. For the above card, I used Kiwi Kiss CS and ink for the "Happy Birthday". I used the Scallop Circle Punch and a Nestabilities die.

This last card was super quick to make. I cut a piece of Kiwi Kiss CS using my SU! Scallop Circle punch. I used a rub-on from my stash for the sentiment and some black ric-rac. I used Stampin' Dimensionals under the scallop to pop it off the paper.

12 comments:

  1. I really love all of these, particularly the Fifth Avenue Florals card. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! And that paper looks great it does match the colors beautifully! TFS
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! And the paper is spot on. Your website is too cute with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the simplicity of your masculine cards ... I find these are the hardest ones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Fifth Ave Floral with that paper. Very nice. Love your website layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...love your cards...beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I love the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are very nice!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are great! Your background on your blog is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with American Crafts!!! You'll have to let me know when the next warehouse sale is - I need to fly up there!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful, Chels! Look at you go!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails